ADMISSION TO THE LIBRARY
- Every member/user entering the library shall sign and fill the necessary information in Register kept at the entrance.
- Library Cum Identity card is to be shown at entrance or counter when required.
- Any personal documents and belonging shall not be allowed inside the Library
- Eatables are not allowed inside the Library.
- All readers/users shall maintain silence within library premise and shall observe all the Regulations of Library.
- The Library is open to only its benefited members of Adamas University including Students, Researchers, Faculty and Non-Teaching Staff of the University.
- Students should produce their Student Identity Card for all transactions in the Library documents.
- The user shall get the document issued from the circulation counter.
- The user shall be responsible for loan documents issued on his/her account. The document(s) issued on individual accounts is non-transferable.
- Books on Loan shall be returned on due date from date of issue.
- Identity-cum-Library Cards are non transferable.
- Renewal of books will only be done if not reserved by other members.
- Books can be renewed twice for fourteen days in case of no reservation.
- Library document /book on loan could be recalled before due date of return.
- The borrower of the library books would be liable to pay fine as per given below:
- The overdue charges for first fifteen days are Rs. 5/- per day.
- The request for waiving of fine in special circumstances shall be the discretion of the Library committee.
LOSS OR DAMAGE OF THE LIBRARY BOOKS/DOCUMENTS
- Borrower and Circulation desk staff shall check the book carefully and if any defect is found it should be brought to the notice of the University Authorities.
- Lost/damaged book of the Library must be reported in writing to the Librarian. The borrower has to replace the book at his/her own cost by a new book of the same or latest edition.
- In case if the lost/damaged book is not available with the vendor/publisher, the borrower shall be liable to pay two times (double the cost) of the books with the fine applicable.
- Borrowers shall keep the books in good condition. Making marks with pen/pencil, tearing of taking out pages of book or spoiling the book will amount to causing damages to the book.
- In case of failure to return issued books/library documents, the authority may take appropriate action.
NO DUES CERTIFICATE FOR DISCONTINUING LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP
- Students/faculty members shall be requiring clearing their dues from the library at the time of leaving the University. No dues certificate will be issued by the library only after returning of issued library documents /paying dues if any by students/faculty members along with Library cum identity card.
- Library is open to bonafide members only.
- Every member who enters the Library shall sign the Attendance register.
- All member should update their Mobile no and email ID using the dashboard available in Online Library catalogue.
- The entire library is under the CCTV surveillance system.
- Members should produce their Student ID card for borrowing library documents.
- All users shall maintain peaceful environment of study within and around the Library.
- Talking, eating, sleeping etc. is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile Phones are not allowed inside the Library.
- Except Laptops, no personal books, bags etc. are allowed inside the Library.
- Do not keep money or valuables in bags. Library staff will not be responsible for any loss.
- Library staff may request any user to leave the premises if found to be violating any of the Library Regulations.
- Any Violation of the AU Library Regulations shall lead to forfeiture of the membership of concerned member.